It’s Day 34 of the Apocalypse wrought by the Trumpistan invasion, with Dour Don dissing the CIA’s report of Russia tilting the election in his favor. These kinds of things run counter to the Make America Great Again narrative, after all, which is now hitting full stride:
- The proposed head of the Environmental Protection Agency is suing the EPA and taking names of staffers working on carbon mitigation.
- The Department of Labor nominee opposes minimum wage hikes but supports robots and immigrant workers.
- A billionaire hedge funder known as the King of Bankruptcy and who once had The Darnold as a client gets the nod for the Commerce Department.
- A vowel-impaired Treasury Department candidate, a favorite among the bankers and globalists, is among those Roaring’ Don said rigged the system.
- Another billionaire is tapped to head the Department of Education, because she had one. Presumably. But she was a major donor to Trump’s campaign, and heck, juice should count for something.
That was then. This is now. “The business of the American people is business,” said Cal Coolidge in 1924 when things was roarin’ and failed banks and market collapses hadn’t occurred in recent memory (or for 17 years–one of those), and a world war to end all wars was a long, long way from Tipperary. Doubletalk Don will return to those halcyon days when men were men and do his all to make America grope again.
Channeling Silent Cal once more, the Merry Trumpster floated the name of ExxonMobil’s CEO, Rex Tillerson, to become Secretary Of State. Rex’s diplomatic bonafides are that he’s pals with Bad Vlad the Hacker and makes great deals, at least for Exxon. Or, at least they were great deals until the U.S. and Europe levied sanctions on Russia instead of rewards for altering the map of Europe through military force. Exxonasaurus Rex didn’t like that. After all, there’s no oil in Crimea or anywhere else in Ukraine, so who cares about them?
Making America great again is looking like a Brave New World.